|500g (Depends on personal preference)||Sea Cucumber (海参) (Cut to chunks)|
|2 pcs||Kampung Chicken Drumsticks (甘榜鸡腿)|
|4 pcs||Dried Mushroom (花菇)|
|12g||Lycium chinense (枸杞)|
|6g||Wild Astragalus Root (野生膜夹黑芪片)|
|5g||Radix Angelica Sinensis (当归)|
|14g||Rhizoma Polygonati Odorati (玉竹)|
|16g||Codonopsis pilosula (党参)|
|13g||Dried Scallops (干贝)|
|1 & a half tsp||Salt|
1. Chop the Sea Cucumber into chunks.
2. Wash and Soak the Dried Mushrooms.
3. Boil the 2 litres of water!
1. Turn heat from high to medium and add in Wild Astragalus Root (野生膜夹黑芪片) , Radix Angelica Sinensis (当归), Rhizoma Polygonati Odorati (玉竹), Codonopsis Pilosula (党参) and Dried Scallops (干贝). Cover lid and boil for 10 mins.
2. After boiling for 10 mins with the colour of the soup slightly yellow, add in Chicken Drumsticks.
3. Followed by the Mushrooms (including the soaked water) and Sea Cucumber.
4. Stir well, cover pot with a lid and turn up the heat.
5. After 5 mins, open the lid and stir well again.
6. Cover the lid back (leave a little space to prevent overspilling). Turn heat to the lowest and boil for 1 hour 15mins. *If you prefer softer sea cucumber texture, you may cook it longer*
7. After 1 hour 15mins, open up the lid and add in 1 and half teaspoon of salt and Lycium chinense (枸杞). Stir Well and cover lid.
8. Boil for 5 mins and give the soup a taste! *Add more salt if needed*
9. Heat off and serve when hot!
Fisherman's Wife Recipes (鱼夫人自家食谱) Series!
A simple home cook recipe of Sea Cucumber Herbal Soup with Kampung Chicken by Tankfully Fresh! Let us share one of our Fisherman's Wife Seafood Recipes with you! Enough for 3-4pax. Do share this if you find this recipe useful. Spread the love for seafood!
*You may purchase the ingredients along with our sea cucumber HERE at tankfully fresh website!*